Sunday, January 27, 2008

2007 Performance

Although I am slightly late on my 2007 wrap up and I have already started posting for 2008 Markets, I thought I should share my 2007 performance.

I am glad to present the results of my 2007 portfolio after completing an audit and documentation. From its inception on 2/14/07 through 12/31/07, the portfolio yielded a 90% gain! Compare that with S&P's performance's of 0.8%, Nasdaq's 6.6% and Dow's 4.1% during the same time period. That makes me a happy camper. The portfolio closed list can be viewed by clicking this link*

What worked? - Stock picks, Timing, Exit Strategy Discipline and Lack of intense activity between October and December when the stocks suffered the most. I have also provided my thoughts in a slightly more informative manner that I think may benefit the beginner traders and investors alike. I had originally written it for a different portfolio I maintained at the Strategy Lab Board contest. The context is different but the lessons are similar. If you are a beginner trader or beginner to intermediate investor, I recommend to check it out.

I expect this year to be great too if we build on the lessons learned and always remain agile. Remember no matter what you can always make money!

Happy trading
Krish Rathi

No comments: